My favorite writers are rebels.
Most of them know the rules of writing… and break them anyway.
Look at these examples:
- Isaac Asimov thrived on “info dumps”
- Info dumps are supposed to be boring.
- The Hunger Games starts with Katniss’s wake-up routine.
- Don’t start with the wake-up. This is amateur writing 101!
- Harry Potter doesn’t have a consistent point of view
- Mr. Dursley takes up the first chapter… and we never get his POV again.
But all of them are breakout best sellers.
Which can only mean one thing…